Friday, November 19, 2021

Slowing Down for Spiritual Growth (Psalm 40:5)

Psalm 40:5 You, yes you, O LORD, my God, have done many wondrous deeds! And in your plans for us there is none to equal you. Should I wish to declare or tell them, too many are they to recount. 

Our God has done many wonderful deeds. In just creating the world and all that is in it, there are so many wonderful deeds (or actions) that he has done for us. Deeds are actions that are done intentionally, per my son’s vocabulary sheet this week. God intentionally made every part of the world just for us. And he intentionally made us. He made each of us in very specific ways, with very specific roles in this life. My older daughter sometimes wonders why God made her different (she struggles with ADHD) and I do my best to remind her God made her specifically and she has so many gifts I do not. She needs to learn those gifts and use them to her fullest. 

In my younger daughter’s Daisy Scouts meeting the other day, they talked about how God was the greatest artist of all times. Look around. Every piece of nature was made intentionally by God. The world is his masterpiece. You are his masterpiece. And he may still be working on you and I, molding us to the form he wants. His plan for our design is so much bigger than our own plans. Our plans for ourselves are a speck of dust compared to his own for us. 

I have been subbing in my children’s school in a subject I never thought much of for myself. But after being there two weeks, I have learned a little bit more about myself that God hadn’t exposed yet. I love trusting in his calls and open doors. I love the picture he is painting of me. When we reach the gate of heaven, and God shows you your completed masterpiece, what will it look like?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...