Monday, November 8, 2021

Slowing Down for Spiritual Growth (Psalm 1:1)

Psalm 1:1 Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, Nor stand in the way of sinners, nor sit in company with scoffers. 

It should be encouraging that this verse starts off with "Blessed is the man." Not blessed is the king, blessed is the rich man, etc. So, blessed is the man could be any of us. We don't have to in the spotlight. This is written for those who think they are forgotten. Those who are in the shadows. Those who do the work of Jesus behind the scenes. Blessed are they who do not walk in the counsel of the wicked. 

We need to be careful in life whom we seek advice from. Or who we take advice from. Is their advice godly? Does their words point back to God in the way that is truth? We must be aware that the devil likes to hide in sheeps clothing and will work to slowly pull us away from God by hiding half-truths in advice from others. Before we confide in someone, we must really work to know if they are someone we should walk with or not. 

Who in my life do I trust most for advice? Do I always ask God for help first? When I give advice, do I turn to God first, asking him for his words to come forth? 

Lord, I thank you for the godly people you have placed in my life. I pray for those who seek your truth but still haven't found it, and those who have been pulled from your truth by the wicked. Thank you for your blessing, Lord. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...