Thursday, November 4, 2021

Slowing Down for Spiritual Growth (Psalm 23:5)

Psalm 23:5 You set a table before me in front of my enemies…


David makes an image of a table in front of his enemies. He is imagining God preparing a banquet in David’s honor and God is doing this while the enemies watch. So the enemy knows that David is chosen by God and God will protect him even if the enemies surround him. 


We are God‘s chosen to. Even as we walk in our struggles, God is setting our success before us. He will provide a banquet for us amid the evil. We need to keep faith that he is always with us. Even among the changes in our lives, when we feel alone and abandoned, God is with us. 


Even though I felt lost and alone when I moved here, God did not leave me empty. He has surrounded me with a beautiful church and people who have reached out to help me. He had prepared my banquet table before I even got to this new place. My enemy, fear, anxiety, doubt, they still surround me, but I know I am protected from them. God‘s goodness overcomes my fears. His provisions calm my anxiety. His love casts light in my darkness of doubt. I will enjoy this banquet. What does your table look like?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...