Thursday, November 11, 2021

Slowing Down for Spiritual Growth (Psalm 1:4-5)


Psalm 1:4-5 But not so are the wicked, not so! They are life chaff driven by the wind. Therefore the wicked will not arise at the judgement, nor will sinners in the assembly of the just.

The chaff is the part around a kernel of grain. It is stopped before the grail can be ground into flour. It is light enough that if could separated from the grain just by throwing a handful in the air. The ungodly are similar in that they can easily drop their beliefs as if they were thrown in the wind. Because the ungodly are not weighted with steady roots by the River of God, they will not be able to rise at judgement. 

I have received some news from someone close to me that has really thrown me for a loop. This person is definitely relatable to the chaff. I will be praying hard for this person because I still love them. And that is what God called me to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...