Wednesday, October 5, 2022

1 Peter 5:10-11

 


After you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you. To him be the dominion forever and ever. Amen.

1 Peter 5:10-11

I heard something yesterday asking why God would make people suffer. The response was that a man can ask for strength, and God gives us difficulties to make us strong. He can ask for wisdom and God gives us problems to solve. He can ask for courage and God gives us dangers to overcome. He asked for love, and God gave him troubled people to help. The prayers were answered. God’s answers aren’t always what we are looking for, but his answers help us to grow in faith. He builds us to be better Christians because he loves us. We aren’t going to see and understand glory unless we see suffering. You don’t see the beautiful wheat fields until after someone has done hours of labor of cleaning the field, planting seeds, watering, weeding. That is what God is doing with us as well. 

Thank you Lord for the trials and pain I have suffered, because through these difficult times, I have learned to trust in you. I feel your love even as I come close to a wall, holding me back. Thank you for loving me even when I don’t appreciate your response. You know best.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...