Saturday, October 22, 2022

Psalm 121:1-3


I lift up my eyes to the hills.

From where does my help come?

My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth. He will not let your foot be moved; he who keeps you will not slumber. Psalm 121:1-3

This Psalm is one many people recite as a blessing for someone who is leaving on a journey. It helps people to remember that even though the road ahead looks scary, the woods may be dark, the mountains high, God is there with them always. He is not confined to a pace or time. He goes wherever we go. Every step we take, day or night, God is by our side.


Even when we are on a spiritual journey, we don’t have to wait until the end of it, or until we have arrived to the church we were searching for, to find him. People jump from church to church because they can’t “find God,” but that is a mistake. God is always with us in the journey itself. He is our guardian, watching our steps. He is there to protect us from evil. He is there during the night to keep the darkness away. All we need to do is trust in him.



Lord, I pray that you continued to protect me on this journey I am set upon. I put my faith in you Lord, let thy will be done.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...