Sunday, October 30, 2022

Psalm 40:1-2


 I waited patiently for the LORD; he inclined to me and heard my cry. He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure.

Psalm 40:1-2

Even when we feel we are in a hole, with no way out, if we focus ourselves on God, he will pull us out of the hole. He will put us on a much more sturdy path. We have to trust in him and be patient. 

Though I pray I don’t have to get in a rut again, it is in these times that our faith becomes stronger. Usually in the darkness is when we search for the light the most. It is sad that we call out to God more in our times of trouble than in our times of joy. But he is there for us always, waiting in the wings.

Lord, I praise your name. I trust that you know my path better than I do. I trust that when I cry out to you, you will hear me and lift me up out of despair. Thank you for all the holes you have taken me out of and the many more I will find myself in. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...