Thursday, October 20, 2022

Romans 15:13

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.

Romans 15:13

There have been lots of time in my short life that I have begged God, “Why?” When our 6 year old neighbor died in a car accident (I was 9). When my friend’s dad died (I was 11). When I was in a car accident at 16. When the WTC were attacked (I was 17). When we lost our house to a hurricane (I was 21). When my engagement broke off at age 22. There were so many others in between and after that, including several times after joining this prayer group back in 2014. And I have come to realize there will be many more times I will question his reasoning. I know I won’t get an answer now. I may not get the answer until I get to see him face to face.

Regardless of not getting an answer, I know my God is watching over us. Every person whose life is affected in some way, God is watching over. We must continue in hope that our God does know what is best, and let ourselves be surrounded by peace. We cannot fall into despair when we don’t get an answer or when tragedy takes place in our lives. We have to continue on. This world is not our home, and we have so much to look forward to in the next one.

Lord thank you for always being there for me in my dark times, in the days of questioning, and not turning away from me. I know I have not struggled as much as others, and I lift them up in prayers to you Lord, that you will help them see, and they can find,  the hope and peace you offer. Amen. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...