Saturday, October 8, 2022

2 Thessalonians 3:13

Hello! If you are following along with the daily study, we are now entering week 2. So in addition to the candle, this week, start adding light music playing in the background of your house. The candle and music can change the feeling in your house. 


WEEK 2 CHALLENGE

Keep your candle going and add to it—soft music every day in your home. Choose worship, classical or another form of peaceful music that relaxes you and helps you focus on the Lord.

My candle and soft music literally change the atmosphere of my home. While the rest of my home may be messy, my candle keeps on burning and my soft music keeps on playing. Morning, noon and night they serve me. My candle serves me with a flickering warm light, a pleasant scent, and a reminder to turn to God as my source of strength and help. My music serves me with a soothing sound. They don’t make messes, they don’t need managed, they just simply bless me and my family. I hope it blesses you too.


As for you, brothers, do no grow weary in doing good.

2 Thessalonians 3:13

It is so easy to let our minds wonder on what could be. Or what could have been. What we did wrong. What we should have done.letting our minds begin on these trails will only cause a snowball effect. The more we focus on something, the bigger it becomes. If you focus on things that are going wrong, you will absolutely find more things wrong. In that same respect, if you start to think about things going right, you will find more things going right!! 

For instance, buying a house is hard. The people who viewed it didn’t like it. Why didn’t they like it? We raised our kids here, it’s perfect. So and so sold their house within 2 months!! Why haven’t we had an offer? Why is the inspection taking so long? They must have found something wrong. Why haven’t I heard from the agent? She isn’t telling me something. Is that window leaking? What else do I have to fix before we get out??
-OR-
The people who viewed it weren’t ready for a family home. There is someone out there that will love this house. So and so sold their house fast! Praise God for them! The inspection seems to be taking a while, they are really thorough. Our realtor hasn’t called in a while, at least there aren’t any problems. I should check that window before it becomes a problem. I’d hate to sell this house with a hidden issue. Paying attention to our relationships, and keeping them good. 

If we focus on the good, it’s easy to keep on that way, and we won’t grow weary. We also need to remember when we see others excelling that did not do it the Christian, hard-working way, we must not let minds grow dark. The people we are called to serve still need our help. And they need our positive vibes to shine so they can see how to get out of their darkness. This doing good is applicable in all our vocations. Laundry, dishes, sweeping the floor for people who are domestic servants. Even if we don’t get the big awards or gratitude for all the things we do, God sees is and it is known by the one who loves you most. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...