Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Exodus 2

Good morng! I am so glad to have read so many responses yesterday and that our group has great participation! It is encouraging. I did think more on yesterday's question and I guess we face issues almost daily in our world where we are faced with God's law verses man's law. At one job I had, I ran a 5 day test in which I started samples on one day and had to read results 5 days later. Some company tried to bring in samples on Tuesday which meant I would have to read them on Sunday. After praying, I finally got the courage to talk to my boss and he had the company switch days so I didn't have to work on Sunday and could make it to church. 

S: Exodus 2:10 When the child grew, she brought him to Pharaoh's daughter, who adopted him as her son...

O: Moses's mother has so much courage and faith to attempt to hide her son first of all, then send him down a river in hopes he could live. Then after being allowed to nurse him, she gave him to another man to raise him. I think that took the most courage. To watch someone else raise your child. Use have been heart wrenching, but as it says in verse 2, she saw he was a godly child. She knew good would come of him. 

A: I don't know if I could have the courage to give up my child like that. But I have never been in a circumstance where they were facing death. The women out there who have given their children up for adoption so their child could have a better future have so much courage! 

K: dear Lord, if I am ever called to turn my children over to something better, please give me the strength to do so. Give me the faith you have Moses's mother to know my child will be safe. Amen

For today's question, in my job I often get to see two sides of things. For instance, there was a murre trial a while back in which a man murdered two guys. If you would have seen the suspect's picture on the news, you would have been like most of the people here and automatically said "Look at him! He's crazy scary! Of course he is guilty!" But through efforts of coworkers, we learned this suspect was only trying to defend himself because the victims were picking on him because of the way he looked. Once I learned that, I felt sorry for the guy. Yes he did commit murder, but it wasn't entirely his fault. You can't always judge a book by its cover. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...