Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Exodus 3

S: Exodus 3:11 But Moses said to God, " Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh and lead the Israelites out of Egypt?"

O: Moses had committed murder and was wanted by Pharaoh already, plus he knew he was born to the Hebrew slaves. It is easy to see how he could question God's choosing him for this mission. 

A: How many times have we felt God tugging at our hearts and we say "but who am I to help?" I know I have. When I pass up the people on the corner asking for money, and I say to myself, "How can I help when I can barely get by? Why aren't the richer people helping?" I should have offered something, because it was God who put me there at that moment to see them calling out. Or at work when people are bad talking someone out of jealousy. I sit by because who am I to say something and rock the boat? I am a Christian, God's worker, and if I don't, who will? 

There are lots of situations like these that we face everyday where God is calling out to us and we don't hear or try to ignore. But we need to not be afraid to listen and do God's will in our everyday life. No giving money to that person every time you pass them may not be the best answer, but if we pray about what God is asking of us, he will show us the way. And just like he told Moses, he will be there with us. 

K: Dear Lord, please help me listen with my heart when you call out to me. Here me to believe that you are going to be with me so to shake my fear. May your will be done in me. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...