Friday, January 9, 2015

Exodus 5

What a great week! Though it has been quiet cold, it has been pretty. At least where I live. I am so glad to be a part of this bible study and be reading through the bible with you.

S: Exodus 5:2 Pharaoh answered, " Who is the Lord, that I should heed his plea to let Israel go? I do not know the Lord; even if I did, I would not let Israel go."

O. As we will see, Pharaoh keeps the same attitude even as Moses shows God's power, as this is God's will. But God keeps Moses in Egypt trying to convince Pharaoh and show him who God is.

A: there are so many people in the world with the same attitude as Pharaoh. It can be overwhelming as we try to show them who God is. There are so many ways to do this without saying a word. The best is by just living a Christ filled life and showing Christ's love through our actions. It may take years or even a lifetime before a non-believer comes around. But we should never give up hope.

K: Lord, thank you for sending us Jesus so we may be freed from sin. Give us courage as we continue your battle on earth of living Christ filled lives, so that we may show others the way to you. Amen. 

Discussion: There have been times when things go wrong even though I felt I was doing everything right. I did question God just as Moses did. But I have come to realize that sometimes we must go through trial times to really see what God is trying to do. It may not be as black and white as we would like. Just keep persevering in the direction God is leading, and we will see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...