Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Genesis 41-42

Good morning! I am so sorry I missed yesterday! Sunday evening, we ENT out to eat, and I got car sickness on top of the pregnancy sickness. So I was having dinner come up all through the night and was nauseated all day yeterday. 

Today is a new day! I feel so much better after getting lots of sleep last night. So here is my recap of yesterday and today's chapters:

41:19-20 So Pharaoh said to Joseph: "Since God has made all this known to you, no one can be as wise and discerning as you are. You will be in charge of my palace..."

Again because Jospeh trusted in God and was faithful to Him in all things, God allowed Jospeh to be able to understand Pharoah's dreams. This in turn allowed Joseph to have his freedom from jail and be an overseer of everything in the palace and the land. 

Joseph could have easily turned from God when he was put in jail. He could have given up hope saying that God had forsaken him, allowing him to be sold into slavery and then thrown into jail. But he didn't! Jospeh continued to pray and thank God every day. As should we. Even in our darkest hours, we need to be thanking God.

42:11, 31: All of us are sons of the same man. We are honest men... But we said to him: We are honest men.

Joseph's brothers trid to explain their situation to Joseph, whom they don't recognize. And they tell him they ar honest men, how they are twelve brothers but one is gone. And then they repeat the story to their father in order to bring Benjamin back with them to Egypt. They watch their father cry about losing his son (Joseph) and them wanting to take Benjamin from them. But again they are "honest" men. I think this would have been a good time to confess what had actually happened to Joseph. And I wonder if that is what Joseph was trying to get them to do in first place. He knew they weren't being honest about the brother they lost. I guess technically they did lose him. 

Lord, please bless my heart so that i may always be gracious for things in my life no matter the circumstances. I pray that I can honest and forthcoming on good days and bad. Please continue to guide me in my child rearing years. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...