Thursday, November 13, 2014

Genesis 44

In this chapter, Judah again recounts his conversation with his father about bringing Benjamin to Egyot. Again he talks about how Jacob was devastated over the loss of Joseph and would die if he also loss Benjamin. But at no point does it say that they came clean with their father about what really happened to Joseph. I am surprised that their conscious never got the best of them. I know growing up, if I did wrong, I could only hide it so long. Even as an adult, at age 25,  I, who had acheived a post grad degree and had a full time job (was taking care of myself), felt the guilt of the world on my shoulders as I dialed my parents number to call my parents and tell them my fiancĂ© and I were pregnant. 

I don't want my children to ever be fearful of my reaction,  but I want them to grow up knowing that they should come clean if they have done wrong. 

Lord, please continue to guide me as I raise my babies to be Christians for your glory. I am not the best teacher, but you gave me to them for a reason. I ask that you always weigh on their hearts when they have wronged someone so they search for you for forgiveness. Amen, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...