Thursday, November 20, 2014

Genesis 49

Genesis 49:10
The scepter shall never depart from Judah, or the mace from between his legs, while tribute is brought to him, and he receives the peoples' homage.

This could be telling of the tribe of Judah. The scepter shall never depart from Judah because through this tribe, Jesus comes. How amazing is the blessing bestowed upon Judah!  To be the tribe through which the son of a God is born? He had no idea at the time I'm sure. 

 As Jacob was dying, he fortold the divisions of the 12 tribes. Some were not so pleasant. I wonder what the sons were thinking at that time. He cut Reuben,  Simeon and Levi from any blessing, it was more of a curse. Almost like removing them from a will. 

Lord, I pray that I can always be honest with you, as you know my secrets anyway. I do not want to had any defilement on my heart, any fierce or rage in my soul. Help me to cleanse my spirit so I may  be ready to accept a blessing. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...