Thursday, September 18, 2014

1 John 1

We have completed another book! I don't know about y'all, but this excites me because it feels like an accomishment.

1 John 1:9-10 If we acknowledge our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive our sins and cleanse us from every wrongdoing. If we say,"We have not sinned," we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

We should not try to be better than we are. We are sinners. We should ask for forgiveness, and  God will forgive. If we try to hide our sin, our failures, we are lying to ourselves and others. Regardless if someone has caught you in the sin. In that case, if we still lie about it, we are saying that what we did was excusable and it's a slap in the face to Jesus. 

There is a line we need to set for ourselves, and we need to work hard not to cross it. With certain things, we as humans like to see how close we can get to the line without crossing it. For instance, allowing foul language in everyday conversation. I had a stance against it for a long time. Then people around me started using it more, and after a while, I found myself slipping a word into the conversation. Foul language may not be a sin, but rather a personal conviction. But, for me, allowing myself to be in the situation and saying a word here or there was a slap in the face of Jesus. I had worked so hard to get away from things like that because it can lead to other bad traits. And the fact that I would have myself believe it was ok because of the situation was as bad as saying I had not sinned. 

P:  Lord, help me to keep my convictions. You and I know what they are. I strive to be a woman of God, who is honest with herself and you. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...