Wednesday, September 17, 2014

2 Peter 3

S: 2 Peter 3:8-9
But do ignore this one fact,beloved, that with The Lord one day is like a thousand years and a thousand years like one day. The Lord does not delay his promise, as some regard "delay," but he is patient with you, not wishing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. 

O: God is allowing us time to repent before the second coming of Jesus. He could come at any time God chooses, and the world could be be "dissolved by fire" at any time. But God is allowing us the time now to repent because he wants us to be in the new heavens with him. 

A: God formed us. Why wouldn't he want us to be with him forever? Three are people who say that Jesus second coming should have already happened because ancient articles posed the time to have been years ago. But as it was in Genesis and here in Peter, to God, a day is like a thousand years. So no one can really tell when He is coming. And we shouldn't worry about when he is coming. We should be prepared for that coming every single day.

P: Lord, help me to not be fearful of the day Jesus comes and the world ends. Because I know that it is only this world, and your children will continue on with you in heaven for eternity. Help me to not hold on to earthly things in a manner of fear. Lord, help me realize I need to repent when I need to so my heart is prepared every single day for you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...