Tuesday, September 23, 2014

2 John

2 John 4: I rejoiced greatly to find some of your children walking in the truth just as we were commanded by the Father.

O: The author may be talking about some of the new Christians who have joined in the walk with Jesus. He uses the words "your children" indicating their young faith, not necessarily young in age. 

A: This letter is directed to a chosen lady and is about the people in her village. The author is so happy about the new Christians he found when he visited. What a joy it is to see new Christians in their walk. As we read in Peter, easily Christians can be easily faltered by evil. We need to, as this author puts, walk according to his commandments, which is walk in love with our fellow Christians, and help them along their journey. 

P: Dear God, help guide me along my journey. Pleases be always at my side as I seek to help others. Let me only lead through your grace and will. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...