Saturday, September 20, 2014

1 John 3

S: 1 John 3:4-6 Eveyone who commits sin commits lawlessness, for sin is lawlessness. You know that he was revealed to take away sins, and in him there is no sin. No one who remains in him sins; no one who sins has seen him or known him.

O: To truly commit a sin, consciously and deliberately, means one is choosing to turn away from God. If one continues down that path, he will never know God.

A: I think John is saying here that those who commit sin purposefully are not with God. I would like to think that if we sin accidentally, realize it, and then repent, we could still be with God. But to deliberately commit a sin is like slapping God in the face. 

P: Lord, I don't even want to "accidentally" sin against you. Please help me stay aware in all situations of my actions and responses to others so that I do not sin against you. I want to know you, God. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...