Monday, September 29, 2014

Genesis 2

S: Genisis 2:2-3 Since on the seventh day God was finished with the work he had been doing, he rested on the seventh day from all the work he had undertaken. So God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work he had done in creation. 

O: God worked hard for six days to bring the world to life. And then he rested the next day. The great, almighty God had to rest. And then God blessed the seventh day, making it holy. 

A: we all think because we work in such a busy world, we have no time to eat. And a lot of people don't rest. Our world is no more busy than then world of our great grandparents. They were up from sunrise to sundown doing chores, picking the garden, diong manual labor. And yet, they knew to rest on Sunday. We are In a fast paced world where it is thought "If I don't get X done, someone will get my job." We have forgotten what it means to rest and be with God. I know not everyone can do such on the Sabbath because of shift work, but we all can give one day to rest. Our bodies were made and need to rest a little. We need to make ourselves sit down and enjoy our family,friends, life, and be thankful to God for giving us this great big world.

P: Lord, help me to see that giving rest and grace to you is mor important than that batch of clothes, or scrubbing that toilet. Help me to prepar myself for a day of rest each week, so that I might enjoy the world you have given me. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...