Thursday, September 4, 2014

Esther 3

S: Esther 3:9

“If it please the king, let it be decreed that they be destroyed, and I will pay 10,000 talents of silver into the hands of those who have charge of the king’s business, that they may put it into the king’s treasuries.”

O: Haman was a sneaky man, who took advantage of the king’s greed. He told the king about a “people” who was not following the king’s rule, and offered 10, 000 talents to the king for permission to destroy the people. The king didn’t ask about the people, didn’t ask any details. He just wanted the money so he agreed to Haman’s offer.

A: How many times in a week or much less, a day, do we take people at their word instead of gathering our own information about the source? How many times do we get blinded but money or promises of goodness and ignore the bigger picture?

P: Dear Lord, I pray that you help me to open my eyes to the big picture. Do not let me get blindsided by money or evil promises of good. Please help me to always seek the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...