Monday, September 22, 2014

1 John 4

1 John talks a lot about love. The love that God has for us and the love that we should have for each other. In 1 John 4:9, he talks about the greatest love "In this way the love of God was revealed to us: God sent his only son into the world so that we might have life through him." God gave us his son for free so that we might have life with God and be free from sins. We need to reciprocate this love to one another. Unconditionally. God didn't say he would give us Jesus if we did this or that. He gave us Jesus so that we could be free from sin. How many times have we thought, "I'll do this for so and so if they ______________"? Countless. We need to stop thinking that we and give ourselves freely. It only takes one unconditional action for someone to see (not that we should do it just for someone to witness) that could change that person's life for the better. 
Lord, please help me to put away my foolish pride and love unconditionally. I want to be able to reach my hand out to those who need without expecting something in return. You gave us Jesus so we could be with you. I want to give myself so that others can be with you also. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...