Sunday, September 14, 2014

1 Peter 5

S: 1 Peter 5:5 Likewise, you younger members, be subject to the presbyters. And all of you, clothe yourselves with humility in your dealings with one another, for: "God opposes the proud but bestows favor on the humble."

O/A: Peter is calling us to be humble. We as humans have an issue with pride. I know there are times I have to fight it. There are so many ways pride can show up, and we need to be prepared for all of them. Whether it be a task we completed at work, something our children acheived, something we achieved, etc, pride can sneak in. We need to always give our accomplishments up to God  and thank him for our gifts. 

P: Dear Lord, I ask for your help to fight the pride that can show up in certain areas of my life. I want gone a humble servant. Moreover, I want to show my children the right way to act and show humility. I know I can only do that by being humble myself. Humble me Lord. amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...