Saturday, September 6, 2014

Esther 7

Morning eveeyone. I would have had this out this morning, except a little boy woke up at 5:30 AM and wanted to play with my iPad. So here we go:

S: Esther 7:10
So they hanged Haman on the gibbet which he had made easy for Mordecai, and the anger of the king abated.

O: This is the second time we can see how the king's anger (and alcohol) makes him do some terrible things. The first is when he banished Queen Vashti. 

A: We are quick to anger and even quicker to act on that. How many times have we yelled at our children, or got snippy with our husbands withouth even thinking about it? And then felt bad about our reactions? I will put my daughter in time out when she gets angry, but I never thought about putting myself in time out so I don't lash out. It's probably something to consider. 

P: Dear God, please help me to pause when I feel angry before I react. Help me to see that I need to take a "time out" so as to not lash out in anger. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...