Friday, September 5, 2014

Esther 6

S: Esther 6:1-3
That night the king unable to sleep asked that the Chronicle of notable events they brought in.  While this was being read to him, the passage occurred in which Mordecai reported Bagathan and Teresh, two of the Royal eunuchs who guarded the entrance, for seeking to lay hands on King Ahasuerus. The king asked, "what was done to reward and honor Mordecai for this?" The Kings attendants replied, "Nothing what's done for him."

O: This passage doesn't talk about God specifically, but it can be thought that the king couldn't sleep because God was calling to his subconscious.  

A: how many nights do we struggle with falling asleep without thinking God could be weighing on our minds? I know there are several nights I remember struggling to fall asleep, and once I started praying to God about opening my mind, the next thing I remember is waking up refreshed in the morning. 

P: Dear Lord, help me not to aimlessly struggle through situations without turning to you. Help me to always remember that in any situation of uncertainty, I should turn to you first for advice. Also help me to remember that when a friend asks me for guidance that we should both turn to you in prayer first. amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...