Thursday, September 4, 2014

Esther 4

S: Esther 4:16 “Go, gather all the Jews to be found in Susa, and hold a fast on my behalf, and do not eat or drink for three days, night or day. I am my young women will also fast as you do. Then I will go to the king, though it is against the law, and if I perish, I perish.”

O: Though it did take Mordecai to prompt the young Queen Esther, she willing said she would possibly sacrifice herself for her people. She was willing to go in front of the king without permission in hopes that she could bring the promised destruction to an end.

A: I want to give myself up to God wholly, and unconditionally. I find it hard to so such in the world we live in. We are such a “flesh” people, always with strings. We need to stop holding on to the world, because nothing in the world is promised to us, and nothing will come with us once we die.

P: Dear God, help me to cut the strings that I hold here on Earth. Help me to see that you promised us grace in heaven, and help us accept that without prompting. I want to be able to make time for you, Lord, without the thoughts of all the chores to be done. Help me to empty myself of the worldly things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...