Monday, October 13, 2014

Genesis 15

Genesis 15:3 "Look, you have given me no offspring, so a servant of my household will be my heir."

God had just told Abram He would make his reward great. Abram didn't understand how being that he had no children. God had already promised Abram when he departed from Lot that his descendants would be more than the grains of sand on the earth (Genesis 13:16). Once God made a covenant with Abram, he trusted God's promise.

We can't just go around sacrificing animals today hoping to make a covenant with God, or hoping he hears our prayers. But I believe that by going to church weekly, we are making our personal commitment to God to honor him, and through that commitment his is giving us his covenant. In my church, we are Catholic if you remember, we receive the Eucharist each Sunday. To me, that is a sign of the covenant between God, Jesus, and myself. I see Jesus on the cross as I go up to receive his body, and I see the covenant that God made with us: through his Son, we will be saved. If I am ever feeling in a rut, and need a "reminder" that God is listening, I just go to church and pray and be with Him. It can be a powerful reminder, 

I know all religions ar different, and all church buildings at different. You don't have to have a big cross with Jesus on it to remind you. This something else in your church that brings you close to God, and shows his covenant. What is that for you? I'd love to hear your answers.

Dear Lord, thank you for making a covenant with me, and allowing us to be saved and live on this earth. Thank you for allowing us to return generation after generation. May we keep pleasing you so that we can continue to prosper. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...