Friday, October 31, 2014

Genesis 34

This is a difficult chapter to read. I have a problem with men who think they can just force themselves upon a woman. Of course if it were a role reversal, I would still have a problem with it. To disrespect someone in such a way is beyond me. However what Jacob's sons did is not acceptable either. It is for God to take revenge for those who need it, not us. But i can understand their reasoning. Had someone hurt my sister in such a way, it would be hard for me to just stand by. 

Lord, please heal those who have been hurt by the hand of othes. Help mend them, as they may feel broken, and help calm the storm that arises in their loved ones. Help them to see you are the ultimate judge. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...