Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Genesis 31

Good morning y'all. I hope everyone is having a blessed week. I am super excited because today is my first OB visit for this pregnancy. I' m hoping I get to see baby via Ultrasound today. Also I need to get a prescription for Zofran because my remedies are not helping this "morning" sickness much. Is everyone gearing up for Trick or Treat? My daughter has been practicing saying "trick or treat" all week, and we have been counting down using a paper chain. I'm hoping to finish our costumes today, so I can post a picture soon.

S: Genesis 31:49-50 ...May thenLord keep watch beaten you and me when we are out of each other's sight. If you mistreat my daughters, or take other wives besides my daughters, remember that even though no one else is about, God will be witness between you and me. 

O: Laban doesn't have to witness if Jacob fails to keep his promise, because God will see it. 

A: growing up, I feared displeasing my parents. It really would make me sick to my stomach if I did something that I knew my parents would not be proud of. I wasn't taught that even more importantly, I may have done something displeasing to God. I am trying to teach my daughter that even though mommy and daddy can't watch her all the time, that God is always there and sees her. I' m hoping to help keep her more accountable for herself not through worrying about displeasing me, but moreover trying to always please God. That is the more important goal anyway. 

P: lord, please help me continue to guide my children toward you. I want to raise respectful, God-fearing daughters and sons that know you are the ultimate goal. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...