Friday, October 3, 2014

Genesis 4

S: Genesis 4:6b-7 Why are you so resentful and crestfallen? If you do well, you can hold up your head; but if not, sin is a demon lurking at the door: his urge is toward you, yet you can be his master. 

O: in our day to day lives, it is so easy to be resentful when things do not work out in our favor. How quickly we can jump to conclusions of failure, or contemplation against the one we have resentment for. And how quickly the devil can swoop in and take over.

A: as Christians, we need to daily pick up our armor to fight the devil. And one of those ways is to learn to not let "closed doors" make us resentful. God has plans for us that we don't know about. How great they are! But this task is not easy. That's what prayer partners or mentors are for. They can help us to turn the other cheek and accept ways that don't work out the way we want.

P: Dear Lord, please continue to guard me against the devil. He can show up in the smallest ways. Please help me to not be resentful when plans don't go my way. Help me understand it's not about me, but it's about you. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...