Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Genesis 18

Genesis 18:12 So Sarah laughed to herself and said, "Now that I am so either and my husband is so old, am I still to have sexual pleasure?" 

In Genesis 17:17, Abraham laughs at the thought of having a child so old. Here, Sarah laughed. God told Abraham to name the child Issac, which means laugh in Hebrew. It is funny how God works. But I chapter 18 we see how Sarah doesn't believe God when he says she will have a baby. She and Abraham have yet to see how powerful God is. 

Lord, I pray that I continue to believe without needing a visual proof just how powerful you are. Open our hearts so we are not doubters and see your majestic role in our lives. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...