Monday, October 13, 2014

Genesis 16

Genesis 16:5 So Sarai said to Abram: "You are responsible for this outage  against me. I myself fav my maid to your embrace, but ever since she become aware of her pregnancy, she has been looking on me with disdain. May the Lord decide between you and me." 

Sarai made the decision for her husband to have a child, because she could not be patient and wait for the Lord. The Lord had promised numerous children, but Sarai may have felt embarrassed because she could not produce Abram an heir. But once the maid became pregnant, Sarai was jealous. She abused and mistreated the maid so much, the maid ran away.

One of our commandments Moses brought down is do not look upon your neighbor with envy. If Sarai had waited, she would have received everything God promised her. Her impatience got the better of her. This happens a lot in life. How many times do we do or buy something with impulse, and then when the better version comes out, we look at others with envy. If we had waited a little while, we could have had that. This can be the most trivial things or it can be something that ends up hurting us very deep. That is why we should turn to God before making irrational decisions. We should Pray about things and try to think them through. We are such a fast paced people, this is something we would need to work on daily.

Lord, I ask that you help slow down my thoughts on decisions I make, let me pray with them to you. I don't want to be envious as that is a sin. Help me to see that I don't need the next big thing, because you have better plans for me. Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...