Thursday, October 16, 2014

Genesis 19

Genesis 19:14 So a Lot went out and spoke to his sons-in-law, who had contracted marriage with his daughters. "Get up and leave this place," he told them; "the Lord is about to destroy the city." But his sons-in-law thought he was joking.

The young men didn't believe that God was coming to detroy the town. I presume the stayed behind and died with the rest of the people there. How would we react today if we were told the Lord was coming to destroy our town and we had to leave? Would we believe? I think it, unfortunately, would be hard to believe at first because of all the past lies about the world ending. Kind of like the fable "The Boy who Cried Wolf." What would it take for us to believe? 

I know the second coming of Jesus could happen at anytime. When it does I pray I have the strength to accept Him as he says he is. This is a very tricky thought. We don't know when it will happen, what he will look like, and what all fakes will be before him. I do, however, trust that God will make it well known when the time is right, and Christians will know and believe, so we don't burn like those in Sodom, or turn into a pillar of salt, like Lot's wife. 

Dear Lord, I pray that you humble me to know you better. I want to be brave like Lot and turn away when you tell me too. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...